2015 - News & Announcements
Current Year |
- Pillaiyar Nonbu:This year's Pillaiyar Nonbu was celebrated on Dec20th, 2014 at Rean Dr, Toronto.
The evening's activity started with a bhajan of Lord Vinayagar songs, sung by both adults and children.
After the bhajan, and after the taking of the Ellai by those in attendance ( thanks to Annamalai annan, Valliappan annan and Arun Chockalingam annan for distributing the Ellais), next was the annual general body meeting. After the year's financial summary was reviewed by Palaniappan Ramanathan, our Treasurer, the next item was a vote on the resolution to support proposals for helping needy people for the marriages in India and supporting the old age homes in Chettinad areas. The Proposal was supported by majority of the members.
Afterwards, another record-setting Aelam was conducted by V Pal, with $20,732 raised!
The traditional Nonbu dishes were all well-prepared by the ladies and enjoyed by all.
Thanks to Meena Palam and Viji Sethuraman for organizing a wonderful event. Please see some photos of the event posted in the Photos and Video Section.
- Diwali: CNS Deepavali 2015 was certainly a great event, with fun had by all. Auntie Valli started the program with a prayer song. Following that, Iniya, Meera, and Divya did a wonderful dance! Surya did a great solo trumpet performance, and Ashwin and Iniya sang some nice prayer songs.
After that, there was a game among the kids to see who could stick the most stickers on their parents, with Shangavi and Janani conducting the game.Then, to get everyone on their feet, Sindhu, our "lady of the dance" led everyone through some "hip" moves.Wij the Magician amazed us with his magic show, and was a hit with both kids and adults.
We also welcomed a few new people to the Toronto community.Finally, we had our pot-luck dinner. Thanks to all for their contribution! Thanks to Meena and Gandhimathi for organization of the event, Annamalai for MC'ing, and Northwood Community Centre for providing the facility.
Photo credit goes to "V Pal" Uncle.Hope everyone had a great Deepavali!
- Letchu and Siva are happy to announce the birth of their son, VIHAAN SIVARUBAN @ Mississauga. Congratulations on becoming new parents!.
- Pothu Padaipu: Around 30 Nagarathars gathered together for the warm occasion of Pothu Padaippu, at Suppiah and Meena's residence in Markham on August 15th. Please see some photos of the event, taken by Kannan are posted in the Photos and Video Section.
- Muthu & Chockalingam celebrated their Daughter Lakshmi's Baby Shower on August 16th @ Richmond Hill Hindu Temple. The photos of this event are posted in the Photos & Videos Section.
- Dr. Kannan and Valli achi celebrated their Daughter Sangavi's 16th Birthday on Aug 30th @ Le Dome Banquet Hall, Oakville. Dr. Kannan & Valli achi donated the money from the gifts collected to our CNS fund.
- The Bhajan for this month took place at V Pal and Chittu achi's home in Scarborough
- This years CNS picnic was held at Balls Falls Conservation Park on July 18th This event was attended by over 50 members! The picnic was organized by Chitra & Annamalai, Ramesh & Priya, Arun & Paru. Members had the opportunity to experience some great summer games, delicious BBQ and Indian food, and some beautiful sights and a hot weather! As usual, the parents and kids participated in some cricket, Volleyball and some nature discovery walks! The event was a potluck style event highlighted by classic summer foods like corn on the cob, tandoori chicken.. Everyone enjoyed the event! Paru's birthday, which happened to be on the same day as the picnic, was also celebrated.The volunteers for the 2016 picnic are Kannappan Manickam & Nallan Lakshmanan. Photos of this event have been posted to the 'Photos & Video' section.
- The Bhajan for this month took place at Kannappan and Renganayaki achi's home in Waterloo.
- Mother’s Day is a celebration of motherhood which gives thank to all mothers. By honoring mothers for their job, everybody celebrates mother’s day and tries to give her some happy moments for her caring and loving attitude to her child.
CNS celebrated Mothers day on May 10th @ Northwood Community Center.
- The Bhajan for April took place at Chinnameyappan and Sala's home in Brampton.
- CNS is introducing a new initiative called "Sponsor a Student". More information can be found here.
- The Bhajan for March took place at Drs. Yegappan and Muthulakshmi's home in Niagara Falls.
- On Saturday, February 21st, CNS celebrated Family Day in Northwood Community Hall. Our Social Committee had organized few fun games and events like Pattimandram and the family members were dressed up in 60's theme. The Best dressed clan was selected. Potluck style dinner was provided and the families had a great time. The Photos of this event have been posted to the 'Photos and Video' section on this page..
- The Bhajan for February took place at Subi & Aruna's home in Mississauga.
- Paru and Arun are happy to announce the birth of their son Siddhartha Arun Meiyappan on 26th February 2015 at Brampton. Congratulations!!!
- Valli and Kannappan are happy to announce the birth of their son, Rithul Manickam on 6th January 2015 at Toronto. Congratulations on becoming new parents!
- This year's Murugan Abishekam, held at the Richmond Hill Temple on Bayview, on January 11th, 2015. Around 30 families attended the abhishekam.
- The Bhajan for January was held at Muthu Chockalingam's house on Jan 24th. Muthu Chocklaingam and Kamala Muthuraman jointly hosted this months's bhajan.